Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It certainly was Wet Wet Wet!!!!

Well to say it was wet on sunday would be an understatement!!!

I think most of us on waking up sunday morning abandoned any plans of target times.
The rain was bad enough, but i think it was the rain that effected most of us, especially on the long straight from janets Corner up past the Airport. It was a case of relaxing on that stretch and not working too hard.
Despite the weather there were some great performances in the run, not only at the front by Lloyd and Martin, but also by Rob Sellors who recorded a PB and so for that matter did Russell Collister on his half marathon debut.
In the ladies race Jackie Lee proved what a great athlete she is and Gail Griffiths continues to improve with another PB on the Syd Quirk course.

My own race went very well, i abandoned my target of 80 minutes and just thought i would just see how it goes. I started off steady and gradulally picked it up towards the 3 mile mark and felt really good.
The wind was quite strong in places so i relaxed and tried not to push too hard, especially being all alone (boo hoo). On the second lap i just tried to maintain my pace and did so with no problems and was very pleased with my time of 81.32.
I felt i had some energy left in the tank at the finish, which was my aim, i didn't want to destroy myself by working too hard.
I have recovered very well and was out running on monday and tuesday and feeling good.
It's back to normal service on saturday with another tough training session, and then look forward to the next round of Cross Country on Sunday 15th November.

More about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment