Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sefton Park Cross Country

Good luck to Kev Loundes, Gail Griffiths, Gemma ans Sarah Astin are competing in round 2 of the UK Cross Challenge at Sefton Park. Andy Fox was due to run, but unfortunately due to a recent cold he will only there as coach. Good luck to you all.

I have never run at Sefton Park but i am told it is quite a quick course, although i am sure the recent rainfall will make conditions quite muddy under foot, but at least that wind we have had for what seems like months has finally gone!

I have continued to train hard in the last couple of weeks, last saturday i did a hard session at Pulrose in strong winds and rain, it wasn't pleasant at all and my legs were very tired.

On Sunday i was out on the road heading towards Baldwin at 7.30am, conditions were windy again but i managed to finish my run before the rain came. My legs felt better than they did the day before and was able to complete just over 14 miles in 97 minutes.

I felt a bit out of sorts for my sessions this week, not running as well as i hoped. I have put this down to maybe giving it too much over the weekend and maybe the my cross country run catching up with me, so i have given myself 2 days off so i will hopefully be fresh for tomorrows training session, we will see!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment